Experienced New Jersey Lawyers
Hackensack, New Jersey, Civil Litigation Attorneys Serving Businesses and Individuals
The practice areas of Goldman, Davis & Gutfleish, P.C., are versatile, providing sound legal advice and counsel to businesses and individuals in New Jersey and New York.
Each of our legal divisions is led by some of the area’s most competent attorneys in that field. Of course, many of these practice areas are interrelated. Our attorneys are experienced with multiple practice areas and each case is handled by a team of experienced lawyers. This approach benefits our clients in many ways. For example, our business litigation attorneys lend their experience to ensuring that corporate transactions are handled in such a way as to proactively minimize the likelihood of future court battles.
Our law firm specializes in these practice areas:
- Business law
- Injury and insurance claims
- Employment law
- Civil litigation and appeals
- Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Litigation
- Creditors’ Rights
- Financial Institutions and Other Lenders
- Commercial Transactions
- Debt Collection
Continue reading to learn more about our law practice, or contact us to schedule an appointment.
Our New York and New Jersey Business Law Practice
Our corporate and commercial law practice involves managing transactions and resolving disputes on behalf of small businesses, medium-sized businesses and lending institutions. We practice in all major areas of business law, including:
- Shareholders and partnerships: This very delicate, distinct area of law requires knowledge of applicable statutes and careful negotiation and planning. Our effectiveness is evidenced by the fact that fellow lawyers frequently contact us and use our dissolution services.
- Banking and lending: We help entrepreneurs start new businesses and help existing businesses grow through assistance with securing initial financing and the acquisition of additional capital.
- Business foreclosure: Services include working with lenders and property owners to prevent business foreclosures through interest rate renegotiation, mortgage restructuring, and appropriate extension of new or additional loans based on forensic mortgage audits.
- Environmental law: Our areas of representation include agency proceedings, leaking underground storage tanks, wetlands delineations, flood plain issues, non-applicability determinations, negative declarations approvals, approved cleanup plans, and more.
- Franchise and distributorship law: We manage litigation, negotiation and transactions involving franchises of hotel chains, fast food chains, gasoline and oil company franchises, and motor vehicle dealership franchises.
- Commercial real estate: We negotiate contracts, easements, rights of way, construction agreements, and leases. We manage real estate litigation, acquisitions, site plans, variances, governmental plan approvals, environmental issues, and more. We can also help you prevent foreclosure on a business property.
Injury and Insurance Claims in Bergen County and Beyond
Our personal injury and wrongful death law practice includes claims resulting from motor vehicle accidents, defective products, construction or workplace accidents, and other serious accidents. Some of our areas of special interest in the field of personal injury include:
- Professional malpractice claims: We represent plaintiffs and defendants in professional negligence claims involving doctors, dentists, lawyers, chiropractors, engineers, architects and other professional persons.
- Mold infestation: Exposure to toxic mold can lead to serious health conditions, property damage and other problems. Our attorneys pursue liability for mold infestation.
- Insurance coverage litigation: Our firm represents corporations and individuals whose claims have been denied by their insurers, including health, homeowner’s, professional malpractice, disability, and life insurance policies.
Hackensack Employment Law Attorneys
Litigation ∙ Appeals ∙ Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil litigation overview: Our attorneys assist clients with a wide variety of disputes involving commercial contracts; the Uniform Commercial Code; purchase and sale of businesses and real estate; leases; banking; corporate lending; construction disputes for developers, contractors and subcontractors; fraud and RICO claims; securities; claims against public entities; and defamation.
- Chancery practice: Our lawyers represent clients in chancery proceedings, handling injunctions and temporary restraining orders in business disputes, real estate disputes, and shareholder and partnership litigation.
- Appellate practice: Our firm is accustomed to the complexities of the appeals courts and procedures. Our firm represents clients in civil appeals in the state and federal courts involving corporate litigation, commercial/business litigation, chancery and probate litigation, family law disputes and other civil litigation. Many of the appellate cases handled by the firm have resulted in precedent-setting decisions.
- Alternative dispute resolution: Our team of mediators and arbitrators work to reach cost-effective and workable resolutions outside the traditionally adversarial courtroom setting.
Contact Goldman, Davis & Gutfleish, P.C.
Contact us for skilled legal representation. Our clients are individuals and businesses throughout New Jersey and the Metropolitan New York area.